Indeed it was really interesting watching EURO 2016. I learnt these and wish to share with us
1. What people think and predict about you may not be true or go as thought or predicted, even if there are 2 million people having a similar thought or prediction. John Mason once said, “If a thousand people say something foolish, it’s still foolish. Truth is never dependent upon consensus of opinion.”
2. Someone may come into your life and seem to be important and people may see the person as a saviour without which there would have been no way for you. Please note that when such people leave you – perhaps on good grounds, or due to condition, or out of pride; learn to LET GO and move on. However, it was a popular opinion that Portugal may not win. And having Christiana Ronaldo 7 (CR~7) off the pitch, they thought there would be no hope for Portugal. But though CR~7 left on good grounds, due to condition (i.e. knee cramp), I’m sure he was praying for his team.
3. Again, if you can conquer fear, take up boldness and confidence and believe in yourself, you can do things that people least expected of you. I followed the Euro 2016 but I can’t remember a Portugal match which Eder, the No.9 who later replaced Sanchez (the main No.9) was featured. Eder, on coming in after the match has been well extrapolated, gave a surprising shot at 109 minutes that led to the victory of the Portuguese and it was beyond the imagination and prediction of both their opponents and viewers. Um! This is extra time victory.
4. You may not look smart and productive from the beginning (recall the young ages of Dr Ben Carson) but I urge you not to give up or back out on yourself. Slow and steady, they say, wins the race. Consistency is an insurmountable force on the paths to greatness and success in anything in life. Abraham Lincoln once said, “Though I was slow, I never went back.” On another hand, I rephrased this for myself thus, “Though I had distractions but I never lost focus.” Hence, as long as you are consistent (in what you find yourself doing), do not look/go back nor lose focus, you surely will have the result and success you seek just as the Portugal team did having qualified for Euro 2016 as best losers. That’s interesting!
5. They played as a united team with great defensive feats.
6. Favour, Grace or Luck was on their side despite the fact that it looked like the referee was not favouring them a kind of. Perhaps they put their trust in God.
7. The fact that CR~7 was not in the match till the end yet Portugal won means your success in life is not tied to one man. Just ensure you remain adaptive to change. God bless you as
I celebrate with Portugal for winning their first ever in the history of the European Championship.
Bright (a.k.a Rochiz)