Hey lovelies! This week’s blogpost is a great recipe for people trying to cut back on carbs – but still want to eat yummy food! Let’s jump right in shall we?
I’m not going to put estimated time because quite frankly this took all day 😂😂😂
Garlic & ginger
Black pepper, white pepper, Chilli pepper
1. Salmon: wash, de-scale, de-gill (this is where the time really goes tbh)
2. Just below the gills, slice down with a sharp knife till you reach the spine. Clean the knife then along the plane just above the spine, swipe through the length of the fish and set aside.
3. Lift the spine from the head where it was cut initially and closely slice down till you can remove it from the salmon.
4. Cut the tail and cut the salmon fillets from the skin side, so you don’t lose the integrity of the fish with the handling.
5. Wash and Season to taste and allow to marinate for 20 minutes (minimum)
6. On medium heat, put about 250g of butter into a pan and allow it to melt. Mix in the garlic & ginger, soy sauce and lemon juice and season it – then let it cook for ~5 minutes.
7. Place the salmon into the mix and allow to cook for ~5 minutes on each side, then place on a lightly greased oven dish.
8. Chop your vegetables and stir in the remainder sauce for literally a minute before spreading on the same oven dish as the salmon.
9. Grill the whole thing for 15 minutes and you’re Gucci! I also grilled the salmon spine because food cannot waste 😂
Here’s a quick tiktok showing how I did it:
Please let me know if you give it a go! It’s rather long but you can skip the filleting and just get pre-cut salmon, should make the whole thing do-able in about 40 minutes!
Till next time,
Dr. ETP xo