Praying for a wife: You will never love your wife more than when you pray for her. Coming before God and asking Him to do what He can in her life is a level of intimacy beyond anything the world has to offer. Praying for your spouse makes you realise how much of a treasure she is that God has given to you.
What prayer should you offer on her behalf?1. Pray God will make her sound physically, spiritually and emotionally.
2. Pray God will preserve and help you to cherish such an amazing gift He has given you.
“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.”James 1:17 KJV
3. Pray that daily circumstances, frustration and the vicissitudes of life won’t turn her focus from God, the Author and finisher of her faith.
4. Pray for God to protect her from growing tired of doing what He has called her to do each day:
“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31 KJV
“Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.”Galatians 6:2 KJV
5. Pray God will supply all her needs “But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ JESUS.”Philippians 4:19 KJV
6. Pray God will shield her from spiritual attack. Pray God will build her love.
7. Pray all kinds of prayer for her as the Spirit of the LORD leads you. The bottom line is, always pray for her.
SUMMARY: Finding God’s ideal husband seems to be difficult nowadays. No wonder the Psalmist, looking at his days and ahead to this present time, cried out to God: “Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.”Psalms 12:1 KJV
With all the news and stories of infidelity, abuse, and other sins committed by husband against their wives, we cannot blame single women for being cautious and afraid in their search for a husband, though I strongly counsel they become genuine born-again Christians and earnestly pray for God to lead them to His ideal choice. Because marriage is a lifetime commitment. Once you marry someone, you cannot be free again except your partner passes on.
Remember, however, that there are still a lot of men out there, who are godly, good and kind-hearted enough to be an ideal husband and God’s choice for you as a single woman. In fact, it is not about gender. Both men and women make mistakes, and both can still change for the better.
To ensure a healthy and successful marriage, women should turn to God and make Him the center of their relationship. If you are a bachelorette, don’t set high and frightening standards that are not obtainable, such as a “Perfect Man”. I say for the umpteenth time that there is no such thing as the “Perfect Man”. The ideal is purely a myth. But there is God’s perfect will of a husband in marriage. Just wait on Him and He will lead you to His ideal husband for you.
If you are a man, single or married, the LORD wants you to have sterling qualities that will make you an ideal husband.
Here are the qualities the Bible prescribes:
1. Godliness and righteousness “The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.”Proverbs 3:33 KJV.
“And I will betroth thee unto Me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto Me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. I will even betroth thee unto Me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.”Hosea 2:19-20 KJV
2. Love and affection: “Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.”Romans 12:9 KJV
3. Independence: “But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;”Mark 10:6-7 KJV
4. Loyalty and commitment: “The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.”1 Corinthians 7:4 KJV
5. Maturity and Spirituality: “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.”Galatians 5:22-23 KJV
6. Honesty: “Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.”Proverbs 12:22 KJV
7. Generosity: “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”Luke 6:38 KJV
“But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.”2 Corinthians 9:6-7 KJV
8. Fidelity: “He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.”Proverbs 13:20 KJV
9. Altruism / unselfishness: “Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.”Colossians 3:19 KJV
10. Prayerfulness: “And He spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;”Luke 18:1 KJV
“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?”Matthew 7:7-11 KJV
May the LORD God Almighty grant us our heart desires as we put all these into practice in JESUS Mighty Name Amen 🙏.
JESUS IS COMING
Mrs Angelinah Olubunmi PetersMy LORD JESUS Is Alive In me