DISTINGUISHING QUALITIES OF AN IDEAL CHRISTIAN HUSBAND:
“For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it; That He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be Holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the LORD the church: For we are members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.”
Ephesians 5:23-32 KJV
The Holy Spirit, through the pen of the apostle Paul, tells Christian husbands how to love ❤️their wives: love you wife as Christ loves the Church. How did Christ love the Church?
Christlike Love ❤️ Commanded:
In Ephesians 5:23-32:
1. REALISTICALLY: Christ’s love for the Church is neither fake nor feigned. He never withholds anything from the Church. His love for the Church never diminishes even when the Church is undeserving of it. So, you are expected to love your wife realistically too. Whatever her condition, you are expected to love her.
2. SACRIFICIALLY: In the manifestation of His love to the Church, Christ gave up great glory. He sacrificed His eternal glory for the sake of the Church. How sacrificial should your love for your wife be then? You must be willing to give up everything to love her. You must be willing, if need be, to give up your personal interest, time, pleasures, hobbies, friends and parents to love and care for her.
3. PURPOSEFULLY: Christ loved the Church that He “might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word”. This is His purpose for loving the Church. Your love for your wife must have a purpose, and that purpose must be unselfish.
4. WILFULLY: Do you know that there was no motivation or whatsoever from the Church for Christ to love her? All the motivation was from within Him. He loved the Church willingly without any compulsion. He determined or purposed to do it. You should love your wife willingly, even when she doesn’t reciprocate. Where there is the will to love, love flows there. Tell yourself many times, “I have no alternative, this is my wife and I must love her”.
5. ABSOLUTELY: This implies that Christ neither has limits, conditions nor reservations in loving the Church. You should love your wife without any reservation, limit or condition. Your love for her must be absolute and limitless. Don’t give in to people’s derision that you are too fond of your wife.
A husband’s faithfulness to the wife is reflected in his commitment to making the marriage work whatever the circumstance. It is the character trait that shows how firm you are in adhering to your marital vow and carrying out your responsibilities as the husband and head.
SIGNS OF A MAN’S FAITHFULNESS:
The following signs show that you are faithful to your wife:
1. INTEGRITY: A faithful man is a man of integrity. You must strive to do the right thing even amidst overwhelming temptations and challenges. Don’t flirt around with other women; don’t allow yourself to be tainted with infidelity. Be disciplined and dependable. That also means that your wife and children should be able to take you by your words. So, be a man of your words. When you make a promise, ensure you keep it, and be consistent.
2. HONESTY and TRUTHFULNESS: Be honest and truthful to your wife. Don’t be deceitful or unduly diplomatic when you are dealing with her. If your wife cannot trust you, she’ll find it difficult to love you. A woman needs to feel secure in her home. You should show honour and courtesy to your wife in any circumstance.
3. OPENNESS: Don’t keep secrets; secrets destroy marriage. A recent study shows that 20 percent of couples keep financial secrets they fear could end their marriage from their spouse. What are you hiding? Keep an open policy; openness and honesty keep a marriage afloat.
One way of keeping an open policy is to ensure your phone is not off limits. When you don’t allow your wife to touch or have access to your phone or other devices, you create room for suspicion. So, don’t let your phone be off limits even when there are “sensitive information in it”. Don’t give the impression to your spouse that you have a skeleton in the closet.
4. COMMUNICATION: Many relationships have been turned into a disloyal one because of lack of communication. One of the partners may find support for their emotion in another person who will listen to them. This can bring temptation, and before you know it, they are flirting around. So, don’t give room to the devil.
BENEFITS OF A MAN’S FAITHFULNESS:
Being faithful to your wife encourages her to trust you and be faithful to you. It also makes your marriage last; gives you peace of mind; and helps you to have a healthy love life and focus on your marriage instead of being distracted, flirting with other women. Besides, it makes you a good example to your children and saves you from contracting diseases and courting God’s judgement.
There is no benefit in being unfaithful. All that unfaithfulness brings to you is shame, disgrace, disease and eternal doom.
“BE A MAN OF VALOUR.”
“Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot: and Gilead begat Jephthah.”
Judges 11:1 KJV.
JESUS loves you, give your life to HIM today.
Rapture is imminent.
ETERNITY is certain.
“Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the LORD, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the LORD Almighty.”
2 Corinthians 6:17-18 KJV
Mrs Angelinah Olubunmi Peters
My LORD JESUS Is Alive In me