REKINDLING THE FUN IN YOUR MARRIAGE.
How do you deal with boredom in your marriage?
How do you bring back the spark that was once in your marriage, especially when you were newly wedded?
1. Prioritise your Wife and Marriage: To spark up your marriage, you need to make your wife and relationship a priority—above your work, hobbies, friends, parents, siblings, relations, and even children. Let your marriage take precedence over every other human relationship and every other activity. Don’t deceive yourself by just saying your marriage is your priority; practice what you say.
2. Loosen Up. Be cheerful and happy. Have a sense of humour. Don’t be uptight. Deal with whatever makes you sad and grumpy, and when your wife is moody or unhappy, find out the cause and cheer her up. You are the man of the house! So be the man, and make your home a haven for your wife and children. Let joy, laughter and happiness permeate your home.
3. Schedule time for fun. Couples need to schedule time to simply enjoy life with their mates. You are busy, I know. Almost everyone I know is busy, but you should make sure your schedule never gets so crowded that you cannot enjoy life with the love of your life. Take your wife out on a date or to a special occasion where you give her some special treatment.
4. Go out together. Go to church together. Don’t go to church alone and leave your wife behind, or make her go late or later. Be patient with her until she gets ready, and go with her. If both of you do the domestic chores together, especially preparing the children, you will both finish it in record time, the chances of going to church late will be minimal or eradicated completely. Also take time to go for evangelism and occasions together.
5. Make her feel Special. Do something that will make her feel like the most cherished and loved woman in the world. While at work, make sure you call and tell her how much you love her and how lucky you are to have her in your life. “Oh, she already knows that,” you may say. But women always want you to say it to them.
6. Enjoy each other’s interests. One of the goals of marriage is to enjoy life together with your spouse. This usually involves enjoying each other’s activities together. Go shopping with your wife and cook together. Have you ever been to the kitchen? Do you know how to cook? Then learn how to by staying with her and do the cooking together, chatting, laughing; before you know it meaningful conversations can kick in that will birth divine ideas and breakthroughs. Spending time together, appreciating her contributions to the family will give her the sense of security that is needed for her to continue the good work with a great sense of belonging.
7. Surprise her occasionally. Buy her a surprise gift 🎁 from time to time. You can also make the presentation of the gift fun. For instance, you can place a note on the front door that will lead her to another note, then another, until she reaches the walk-in closet, and opens the door to find you holding an exquisite shawarma or some beautiful matching shoe and bag, Apple-watch 😄 anything you know she will cherish. You should know her taste and of course, her shoe size. She’s your wife.
8. Share with her emotionally and intellectually. Don’t only share household worries and some other burdens with her; share ideas with her too. Buy an interesting book for her, a book you have read and know will interest and touch her heart, and share the ideas in the book.
9. Compliment her. There’s a saying, “Women who hear their husband tell them they’re beautiful become more beautiful”. Compliment your wife’s good looks. If she’s smartly dressed, say something to compliment her, like “Wonderful, this dress looks good on you.” If she has her hair done, make a comment that will make her head swell, and mean it. Always commend her effort, whatever task she performs, and say “Thank you”. Commend and love her cooking. Even when the food is not delicious, don’t condemn it, appreciate the effort and the time put into it. Genuine compliment costs nothing, but the result is unquantifiable.
10. Pray together. Constantly praying together as a couple brings God into your relationship. A relationship that has God in it cannot be boring because our God is not boring. A writer puts it this way: “Praying together cannot help but change our marriages for the better. The connection that develops and grows when we pray together deepens our love and strengthens the bond in our relationship. Marriages that are struggling or in crisis can be mended when God is at its Center. He is always faithful and wants the best for us. Even good marriages can be made great when we are open to God’s leading and direction through prayer. I don’t want prayer to be used only when something huge or catastrophic is happening in our marriages. I want it to be the force that drives us forward. Regular prayer together will do just that…..steer us by God’s hand toward a marriage that is both a blessing to us and to God.
Happy New Month.
Thank you very much for the outpouring of prayers, compliments, surprise precious gift on my 58th birthday 🎉!
I truly appreciate each and every one of you. God bless you abundantly here and hereafter in JESUS Mighty Name Amen 🙏.
JESUS IS THE LORD Be Prepared. Rapture is Imminent
Mrs Angelinah Olubunmi Peters
My LORD JESUS Is Alive In me